World Oceans Day Project
Our oceans cover 70% of the earth and contain 99% of the living space on earth! WOW! However...
Did you know that 8 million tons of plastic ends up in our oceans every year?
Did you know that oceans become more acidic the more we burn fossil fuels and this is bleaching coral reefs and destroying precious habitats?
Did you know that 100 million marine creatures suffer every year at the hands of water pollution from chemicals and plastic?
WE CAN MAKE A CHANGE! WE CAN FIGHT FOR OUR OCEANS! WE CAN SAVE OUR BLUE PLANET!
To make an impact and a change we would like you to select a task (or tasks) to complete to mark WORLD OCEANS DAY 2020! Here is a selection of tasks you may wish to complete or you could create your own.
- Research a selection of marine animals and create a fact file or encyclopedia about them. Include drawings and incredible facts!
- Write and perform an emotional and powerful speech about the importance of reducing plastic pollution. Include shocking facts and statistics to really get your point across!
- Create a piece of art that shows your message of reducing ocean pollution or that celebrates the beauty of our oceans.
- Research why we as humans need our oceans to survive and create a poster, documentary video or presentation to inform someone else.
- Watch Blue Planet by David Attenborough and create a fact file of information as you watch. WITH ADULT SUPERVISION AND PERMISSION.
- Research the issues our oceans are facing and create an informative leaflet, poster, presentation or documentary video to inform other people.
- Find out about ocean habitats or the ocean layers.
- Research about each ocean and create a booklet of information.
You may have even better ideas than this so be creative and really make your message clear!