Snow Activities 10/03/23
Snow Day Homework
Just because you aren’t in school today, it doesn’t mean you get a day off learning! Here are some of the things we would like you to do today:
- Dress up really warm and cosy
- Go sledging – a tray works if you haven’t got a sledge!
- Make a snow-something – a snowman, an animal or have a go at making your class teacher!
- Make a snow angel
- Have a snowball fight
- Build an igloo
- Make hot chocolate with loads of marshmallows on top
- Wrap up warm with a blanket or duvet and read your favourite book
- Watch a film
- Measure how deep the snow is
- Make a symmetrical snowflake by painting half and folding the paper over
- Does snow sink or float? Predict then test. Does it matter if it is a sprinkle or a snowball?
- Who can make a snow-thing (person or animal or just a snowball) that lasts the longest? Where can you put it? Should you wrap it up in a blanket or will that make it melt faster?
- Snowball firing range – set up some toys on a wall. Who can knock the most over?
Assessments and tests
- Measure how much fun you can have!!!!!