Children's Mental Health Week 2024
The theme for this weeks Children's Mental Health Week is:
MY VOICE MATTERS
Evidence shows that empowering children and young people can have a positive impact on their health and wellbeing. For example, children and young people who feel that their voices are heard - and that what they say makes a difference - have higher levels of self-efficacy and self-esteem.
For Children’s Mental Health Week 2024, Place2Be wants all children and young people, whoever they are, and wherever they are in the world, to be able to say – and believe - “My Voice Matters”. Watch the video below – featuring the voices of children and young people – to learn more about the theme.
We have lots of activities happening during the week to help promote the theme My Voice Matters:
- The Well-Being Ambassadors have helped to take an assembly to introduce this years theme.
- During the week, in each year group a Talking Booth has been set up to give children the opportunity to have their voice heard on things that are important to them.
- PSHE lessons will consist of activities to help promote this years theme.
- On Thursday, there is a Talent Show at lunchtime to help children to have their voice heard.
- Dress to Express Day is on Thursday too.
- In the Year 3 area, there are two suggestion boxes to give children a chance to share their ideas and have their voice heard about ideas for Dojo Dollar Day and ideas healthy tuckshop.
Suggestion boxes for children to have their voice heard
TOP TIPS FOR FAMILIES
Below you will find a link to help with talking to your children about mental health.