Watch the first 15 seconds of the video.
- What do you think the girl feels about dancing? How can you tell?
- Who are the other people in the clip so far and how do they feel about her dancing?
Next, watch the clip up to 50seconds.
- What happens during this time to massively change the dancer’s life? Think of your first-hand experiences of living through the lockdowns and the difficult times during the pandemic.
- How does the dancer adapt? Practises on her own, socially distances herself, wears a mask, zoom training etc. Watch the video to the end.
Task: Write the alphabet down the side of your page and try to think as many words as possible that relate to dancing/performing/thought or feelings.
Recap of the SPAG we covered in The Dive. This is the success criteria for the writing and it is the same from The Dive.
Remind yourself of:
- Building tension and suspense
- Figurative language – similes, metaphors and personification.
- Tense – third person, past tense
- Avoiding run on sentences
Task One: Have a go on at writing examples for each one.
Re-watch the video again. The Show Must Go On - THE LITERACY SHED
Pick out the key points
- Thoughts whilst practising
- Performance cancelled
- Continues practising – unaware of The Show
- Build up to The Show
Task Two: Create a box up plan
Look back at planning from yesterday’s lesson.
Today you are beginning to write - focus on the opening paragraph
Task: Begin to write.
Edit writing throughout.
Reread writing from yesterday and continue your story.
Task: Finish writing and edit.