L.I. To explain why a writer chooses particular words and clarify their meaning.
Using what you have read this week, answer the following questions:
1. ‘The stage is flooded with witches and wizards’.
The author has chosen the word flooded in the stage directions. What image does this give you?
2. What three creatures are referred to as Voldemort’s allies?
3. What does Hermione say the gravest sign of Voldemort’s return is?
4. ‘GINNY steps towards him, outraged.’ How is Ginny feeling in this scene?
5. Draco claims there are ‘ridiculous rumors’ about his son’s ‘parentage’. What does this mean?
6. What synonym could be used for the word ‘disperse’?
7. Draw Scene Thirteen and annotate (label).