Yesterday we read about the King of the Greek gods … Zeus. We also looked at in our writing a text that described numerous Greek Gods to help us write sentences using semi-colons. Today we want you to read this text through more carefully and learn all about some of the other gods. The reading skills you will be working on are scanning and retrieving.
TASK 1: Open the document at the bottom of the page called Greek gods and read all about the different gods. Read through carefully.
TASK 2: Now look through each section and see if you can find the words from the text.
Comprehension: Find and copy
- Find and copy a word which means to move smoothly.
- Find and copy any words which means to change.
- Find and copy a word which means journey.
- Find and copy a word which means to have lots of knowledge and make good decisions others can trust.
- Find and copy a word which means nothing will grow.
- Find and copy a word which means is linked to something else.
- Find and copy a word which means not often.
- Find and copy a word which means serious disagreements/arguments.
If you’re finding this task difficult look below as it tells you which god/goddess to find each word in.
Using the same text can you make up any find and copy questions of your own?
P.S. I will post the answers to these questions later on in the afternoon.